Design a pair of bloomers
Bloomers were both a fashion and a political statement!
Would you have had the courage to wear them?
Click to download
This project came from the National Portrait Gallery in Washington D.C.
- Copy of Amelia Bloomer picture
- Crayons, markers, paint (your choice)
- tissue paper
- stamps and ink (optional)
1. Print out copy of Amelia Bloomer
2. Design her outfit using materials of your choice
3. Share your fashion designs with family and friends
4. Take a picture and send to The Yellow Roses