top of page
Design a pair of bloomers
Bloomers were both a fashion and a political statement!
Would you have had the courage to wear them?
This project came from the National Portrait Gallery in Washington D.C.
Click to download
- Copy of Amelia Bloomer picture
- Crayons, markers, paint (your choice)
- tissue paper
- stamps and ink (optional)
1. Print out copy of Amelia Bloomer
2. Design her outfit using materials of your choice
3. Share your fashion designs with family and friends
4. Take a picture and send to The Yellow Roses
bottom of page